Friday, May 17, 2024

Waiting on results

Waiting on the results of the Ultrasound examination.

When anyone asks me 'How are you doing' my response is nearly always 'Trying to be good'. It's a philosophy I live by, try to better every day. I value every lesson that I learn and often dig into a subject if I feel it's worth digging.

However, I have not dug into the vast amount of knowledge that is out there on the Internet regarding The Lump.  

It's not that I don't want to know the extremes of how this might turn out, but more of an acknowledgement that my understanding of the lump would most likely change to the point where I think I know something that my Dr. does not. I have trust in Dr. Zagha, I'm absolutely certain that he will be straightforward and will act in my best interest. So I have not asked Dr. Google anything on this subject.

May 7th I called Dr. Zagha's office to find out if they have received the Radiologist's report, they had not but responded they would follow-up with AKUMIN. 

May 10th, I called again and same result, so I asked for a follow-up appointment understanding there might be another week or so before an appointment is available. They set an appointment for 2pm Friday May 17th - Today.
 
Today I called Akumin to find out if they had the Radiologist's report - could not speak to anyone, on hold for 10mins. 

Day 28 since discovery.

Am I loosing sleep over this? Yes! Do I think about it constantly? No - but if any reference to Cancer, Benign or anything to do with healthcare comes across my life, then Yes, I think about it. 

Dr. Zagha's office confirmed my appointment today and confirmed that the radiologist's report was 'Scanned in Yesterday'  

Try to be good.
 

Followed that up with a call to Dr. Zagha's office to confirm today's appointment and to ask if they had the Radiologist's report?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting on results

Waiting on the results of the Ultrasound examination. When anyone asks me 'How are you doing' my response is nearly always 'Tryi...